Monday, May 23, 2011

The Big 3!

Today was Colt's third birthday! He is turning into such a fine man.




At three years old he loves to help, especially his Papa Bill. He is fascinated with any kind of tool and can name and use them almost all correctly. He can tell you how to spell s-t-o-p and loves to tell me to push the gas petal. I have a feeling this is a sign of things to come. haha.




Colt loves for me and Grace to read stories to him and he now tells stories as well. They usually start with, "I teld you, once on a time...." Tonight he told me how he worked at Conoco and the lights went out, so he had to use a flashlight. He "teld" me all about it. lol.




He loves Woody from Toy Story and could drink Apple juice by the gallon. He always watches out for Grace as much as she does for him. He would rather be naked then ever have clothes on and is fascinated with peeing outside. Anywhere outside....




He is beginning to understand what prayer is and who Jesus is. He has me call Drue, his best friend and Sunday school teacher, to "Dear Jesus" for him, whenever he gets hurt.




He still loves to give tight hugs and sit on my lap, but pushes me away when he is attempting something new and often a little dangerous. He loves music. The drums and guitar are his favorites.




He can't wait to play real sports like his sister. He practices baseball, football, and soccer all of the time. He loves watching the news and the stalk market with his Papa. He can have more fun with a role of tinfoil and tape than any toy.




All of these things and it's still only the smallest little glimpse into who Colt is. He has so much personality and charm; so many different aspects that make him who he is. I delight is seeing him grow into the man God has created him to be. I love this sweet man child more than I ever could express. He and Grace give me more hope and strength then they will probably ever know. How blessed I am to be his mama!

No comments:

Post a Comment